Friday, August 17, 2012

Birth announcement rejects

As someone who hasn't sent out Christmas cards in, what, 4 or 5 years and prefers an Evite to a mailed invitation (so much work on both ends - RSVP'ing, remembering the date and time or putting it on my Outlook calendar... yes, I'm that lazy...), I would not surprise anyone if I never got around to mailing birth announcements.

While nothing has been mailed out yet and the proof is in the proverbial pudding, I have taken the first step and actually ordered the announcements. Also improving the odds of cards truly being sent out is that I have a somewhat comprehensive address list just now, thanks to my sis-in-law's persistence when she hosted my baby shower.

The awesomest thing, though, is that I entered a sweepstakes hosted by Project Nursery and Minted.com and I WON!!! Thanks to these fantastic websites, I have absolutely no excuse for not mailing announcements - and fancy-pants announcements at that.

Ethan and I had a little photo shoot this week and I love the photo we picked. That one I'm saving as a surprise for the announcement, but there were definitely a lot of pics that I adore but didn't make the cut, most for obvious reasons. Without further ado...


 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment