Sunday, December 16, 2012

5 months and counting

This kid.


Five months today. He may have my features and my coloring, but he's got Daddy's eyes - and his loquaciousness.


It's getting harder to get a still photo of him - in half my pictures his face is the cutest little blur. He started rolling over from his tummy onto his back this week, and he tries so hard to crawl when he's on his tummy. He adores his papa. Most of the photos today were only possible because papa was standing beside me, entertaining him with funny faces.


He just loves to talk and smile and laugh and be held. He loves to bounce, too, and gives my back a break (the kid's heavy!) by playing in his bouncer for almost an hour at a time. He loves to put anything and everything in his mouth, whether his fingers or mama's fingers or whatever toy or stuffed animal is nearest.


His head is still huge, in the >95th percentile, of course due to all that brain in there. Other than a few days of stuffiness, he's been healthy as a horse. Still not interested in solid foods - we tried oatmeal again today, and he will have nothing to do with it.

not an avocado fan
He has the funniest laugh-cry, which sometimes starts with a laugh and turns to a wail and sometimes it's the other way around.


I, like so many other parents this weekend, gave him extra hugs and kisses after the incomprehensible event in Connecticut on Friday. I can't say anything that others haven't already said much more eloquently on the subject. I'm just so proud of this little 5-month-old and cherish every single day I get to spend with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment