Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Introducing Emily Hope



A long-overdue welcome to the lovely Emily, born August 9 at 8:12 am. 


7# 13oz, 20 inches, giant head (just like her brother).


She is just an angelic little lady. She hardly ever cries, and her favorite activity (technically, an inactivity, I suppose) is sleeping. She 'naps' for 4-5 hours at a time - her mama is not complaining!





Poor little girl is not extremely photogenic this week, owing to an impressive case of exuberant milia (wow - the first baby on that page looks so much like Emily I thought maybe someone had snagged her photo for their site - but Emily has more milia than that baby...), so many of our photographs are in dim lighting. I am assured by my physician husband that the milia will disappear soon and no treatment is required or recommended.




Big brother is fascinated by her and checks on the crib any time he hears a cry. He's been a little more clingy lately, but that's to be expected. He loves to sit next to Em on the play mat and investigate her ears, face, hair, and he really seems to understand that he has to be gentle.




I'm enjoying a splendid 2 1/2-month maternity leave, recovering from the c-section, taking the occasional nap, baking bread, doing needlepoint, cooking dinner, and (rarely) blogging.




Yes, we're tired, and sometimes frustrated, but I really am so grateful for 2 happy, healthy kids and a devoted husband/dad. Life is good.






2 comments:

  1. Hey, Can you possibly email me? I didn’t see an email on your page, but I really want to ask you a question about your dog.
    –Shaye
    shayewalsh1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete